Wow, this is so accurate. How can you love people and hate being social? This. I guess it’s true of introverts in general, but is certainly true for Autists.
image – Flickr / M I S C H E L L E
1. When people assume that a “social introvert” is an oxymoron. Because, y’know, the only type of introvert that exists is the one that is antisocial and gets crippling anxiety around people. Only extraverts are social. I mean, duh.
2. Trying to explain that you can find people both absolutely intriguing and completely exhausting at the exact same time.
3. The realization that social gatherings will forever be your Taco Bell chalupa. You seek it out, you enjoy it in the moment, but you know you will pay for it later. Save time in your schedule for recovery.
4. When the people around you don’t understand recovery days. Because, again, you’re obviously not a real introvert if you like being around people, so why the sudden need to be alone?
5. When friends label your alone time…
View original post 461 more words